I don't know about you, but I am glad 2020 is here.
"Lead with Love" seems fitting for this Valentines Day.
I was inspired by my favorite blogger @boskitchen to make Carob Peppermint patties.
I found the perfect silicone molds at Michael's. They make gorgeous treats.
- 2 Cups Missy J's carob chips. (Regular or unsweetened)
- 1-2 tablespoons Organic Peppermint oil. To taste! A little goes along way.
- OPTION: (Use Missy J's Mint, Lime and Sea Salt Truffley Treats instead of chips)
Ingredients for peppermint patty
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (I use Dr. Bronners. I think it is so creamy)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Manna
- Organic Shredded coconut
- 2-3 teaspoons Organic Peppermint oil, to taste
Melt 2 cups of Missy J's Carob chips in stove-top double boiler
- Add peppermint oil
- Mix coconut oil, coconut mana and shredded coconut in a double boiler. till warm and pourable
- Add 1 teaspoon of mint oil.
- Mix with a spoon till smooth.
Instructions to make candy
- Pour melted carob into the heart mold halfway
- Carefully transfer to the freezer
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes
- Take mold out of the freezer and fill to the top with the warm "peppermint patty mixture"
- Place the mold back in the freezer for 10-20 minutes till candy sets and is solid.
OPTIONS: Have fun with different options as you see here. Layer Carob/Patty/Carob for a more traditional patty. Or, pour only the "patty" ingredients and drizzle with warm carob, or half and half as the recipe above describes.
Keep in the fridge. Enjoy cold or leave at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
Yield: Smaller Mold about 12 pieces. Larger Mold about 6